ALBANY, N.Y. — With a winter storm bearing down on the northeast, a number of states have issued journey bans and alerts for business automobiles. The storm’s path included components of New England, upstate New York, northeastern Pennsylvania and northern New Jersey. Snow totals by the point it winds up on Wednesday, March 15, have been anticipated to vary from a number of inches to a couple ft, relying on the world.
Following is a state-by-state breakdown on tractor-trailer journey bans.
Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont is banning all tandem tractor-trailers and empty tractor-trailers from touring on Interstate 84 statewide efficient at 6 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, till additional discover.
The governor mentioned that he’s implementing this journey ban as a result of heavy moist snow and excessive winds which might be anticipated to impression this particular space of Connecticut all through the day on Tuesday.
“Throughout peak intervals of this storm, we predict to see very robust wind gusts and heavy moist snow within the northern area of the state, notably alongside the I-84 hall,” Lamont mentioned. “This storm is exclusive for our small state in that some areas are anticipated to obtain a big impression and in different areas it might be much less extreme. I encourage everybody to remain alert for climate updates and take warning if you should journey.”
To examine journey circumstances in Connecticut, go to ctroads.org/
New Jersey Division of Transportation (NJDOT) Commissioner Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti has issued a business automobile journey restriction on a number of interstate highways till additional discover.
Winter climate might make driving circumstances treacherous, notably in North Jersey, the commissioner famous in a information launch. The journey restrictions are being coordinated with neighboring states. Along with the business restrictions, all motorists are inspired to keep away from pointless journey by way of Tuesday, March 14.
The business automobile journey restrictions started at 8 p.m. Monday, March 13, and can be in place till additional discover for the next highways in each instructions:
- I-78, total size from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-80, total size from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-280, total size from I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-287, total size from NJ Route 440 to the New York State border.
- NJ Route 440, from the Outerbridge Crossing to I-287.
The business automobile journey restriction applies to:
- All tractor trailers (exceptions as listed within the Administrative Order).
- Empty straight CDL-weighted vans.
- Passenger automobiles pulling trailers.
- Leisure automobiles.
This restriction doesn’t apply to:
- The New Jersey Turnpike.
- The Backyard State Parkway.
- The Atlantic Metropolis Expressway.
- Public security automobiles, sworn and civilian public security personnel; in addition to different personnel instantly supporting healthcare amenities or important infrastructure comparable to offering gas or meals. For an entire record of operations or personnel which might be exempt from the journey ban, see the Administrative Order.
Vans which might be already in New Jersey when the journey restrictions go into place are inspired to tug off in truck stops to attend out the storm. NJDOT warns that parking on shoulders won’t be allowed. NJDOT is coordinating with all state and regional transportation companies to make sure the simplest response to the storm.
To study extra about New Jersey street circumstances, go to 511nj.org.
- Starting at 8 p.m. Monday, March 13, the Thruway — interstates 87 and 90 — will ban all tandem and empty tractor-trailers from I-87 exit 17 (Newburgh-Scranton, Interstate 84 to Interstate 90 exit 36 (Watertown-Binghamton-Interstate 81).
- The size of the Berkshire Spur (I-87 exit 21B to the Massachusetts border) till additional discover.
New York State Governor Kathy Hochul has additionally issued the next truck journey restrictions:
- Interstate 84: Full size. 8 p.m. begin; No tandem or empty tractor-trailers.
- Interstate 88: Full Size. 8 p.m. begin; No tandem or empty tractor-trailers.
- Interstate 87 (Northway): Albany to Plattsburgh. 8 p.m. begin; No tandem or empty tractor-trailers.
- Interstate 90: I-87 to Berkshire Spur. 8 p.m. begin; No tandem or empty tractor-trailers
- Interstate 81: Pennsylvania state line to Syracuse. 8 p.m. begin; “Vans Use Proper Lane” advisory.
- Route 17: Middletown to Binghamton. 8 p.m. begin; “Vans Use Proper Lane” advisory.
For journey circumstances in New York, go to www.thruway.ny.gov/index.shtml.
Efficient at 12 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, PennDOT will implement the next automobile journey restrictions:
Tier 1: Empty tractor trailers
- Interstate 80 from Interstate 81 to the New Jersey state line and I-81 from I-80 to the New York state line.
Tier 3: All business automobiles with out chains or ATD onboard
- Interstate 84 and Interstate 380.
The next automobiles are restricted in all tiers: Outsized masses, tractors with out trailers, empty field vans, bikes, tow-behind trailers, RVs/campers, buses with out ATD.
For journey circumstances in Pennsylvania, go to 511pa.com.
The Trucker Information Employees produces partaking content material for not solely TheTrucker.com, but in addition The Trucker Newspaper, which has been serving the trucking trade for greater than 30 years. With a deal with drivers, the Trucker Information Employees goals to offer related, goal content material pertaining to the trucking section of the transportation trade. The Trucker Information Employees is predicated in Little Rock, Arkansas.